A Lighter Move is prepared to help you by:
- Supporting your parent professionally with the same kind of attentive care you would like to provide yourself
- Developing a project and communication plan for your family that will keep you in the loop
- Supporting your parent through the moving process with care to help sustain a sense of equilibrium in chaotic times, to scale furnishings to meet lifestyle changes and to preserve memories in meaningful ways
- Coordinating preparation of a residence for sale, including things like sorting, personal property liquidation, repairs or maintenance services and home staging
- Researching or providing referral information about housing or local ongoing support services that your family might require
Power of Attorney
When someone with Power of Attorney contacts us to request services for a senior who needs assistance, we are happy to work with this agent. In doing so we include the seniors, in whose homes we work and whose things we handle, in the planning and decision making.
What Clients Say About ALM
It is no exaggeration to say we couldn’t have done this move without A Lighter Move. I am so grateful they were recommended. Ann showed professionalism and flexibility in getting the job done despite ever-changing restrictions caused by the COVID-19 response. She was patient and caring in dealing with my father in preparing him for his move from his 3-bedroom home to independent living and then working with us to get his belongings back to his house 18 days later when he died. In this case, which was exceptionally difficult for many reasons, she provided good counsel, quick service and peace of mind.
When my sister passed away I realized how difficult it was going to be to take care of her house. Your services saved me at least 100 hours of effort and provided me with an enormous amount of “peace of mind.” I will be forever thankful there is an organization out there providing services to help with these types of situations.
Ann and the folks at A Lighter Move were a godsend. Not only did Ann coordinate our move with our move manager in Colorado, she also showed such patience and flexibility when our move location and date changed – and found us a local mover with just a few days’ notice. The best money I have ever spent and highly recommended. Anyone moving an elder should have a move manager!